Monday, January 17, 2011

Who Am I?


The quest to find oneself is a never ending one, I guess. Almost 99 percent  of people ont he planet everyday thinks of the same question. Who am I? And then they try to answer this question with their profound logics and beliefs. " I am what I am", "I am cool, I a hot. I am everything you are not." and what-not. Yours truly also sometime thinks of this question and comes out with a different answer every time (kinda improvising). Earlier I was with the no stereotype attitude. Then I picked up the unique/different tag. This time when this question hit me I sat down to some serious thinking. The analysis took the bottom-up/ top-down/ lateral/ any other/etc. approach to get to the base of this question. And then I started seeing myself with everybody else's eyes. Bingo!

I am a different person now. Every changing second. Let me give you an example. People generally end up saying that I am very comfortable with him/her. I can be me with them. And I think, what are you at times when you are not you? Someone else? I don't know. I cannot think of anyone else whose role I might be playing when I am not me. I ought to be me. But not as I know me, as you know me. Getting the point?

It's people or the surrounding what makes you different everytime. When we are with comfortable with people/situations of our choice we say we are being ourselves. But as they turn adverse we deny to own our character.

I think I am what you think I am.

When you thought I am a friend, I was.
When you thought I am happy, I became.
When you said I am no good, I worsen.
When you said I am the best, I was better.

I was quite when you wanted me to.
I was there when you needed a support.
I left when you thought I would.
I came back just when you thought I should.

All I am saying is whatever you were expecting from me consciously/sub-consciously I was turning in to one. If you think this is not the case with anyone else. It's time for a reality check. No matter what you do, people will always think what they want to think. But, its only the half way through. Coz

You will only know what I wanted to show.

Will explore that aspect in the next blog.. :P

1 comment:

Rishi said...

ones perception is always the reality of othr one. neverthless things gets messed as one shows the true character away from fallacy like pretention and deception. all r with bare legs and no body wants to step into the messed mud.