Monday, January 31, 2011

To sum it all

I was home in no time.

The date is 7th January. I left job today. Till yesterday everything seem so normal, until today when I reached office. I have this deep wrenching feeling inside me about leaving the place. I came to this office 4 months back, but my association with the organization goes three and a half years back. I have made several relations here. I have met hundreds of people here. I did whatever I had to, sometimes, whatever being told to. Still remember the first day, as like yesterday, afresh. And after that the journey started.

With an awesome ITP batch (NCS 26) of crazy people we started our journey inside the company. Everyday was fun to be with them. Introduction to CS was divine. The thrill of exams and then the anxiety of the results were equally awesome. And if you are to describe each incident as vividly as it rests in my memory, it would bring a 5 point someone to shame. The technical training was so much fun until we started with our Behavioral and voice & accent training. These exceeded every single previous set parameters of fun and masti. The unimaginable fun at office was just started. And we did take it a long way to do every thing possible inside office. Our masti ki pathshala was shaping up everyday. We drew closer to each other. Everybody was enjoying and we never realized how soon it was over.

And then they gave us something like project based technical training ( the use of dreadful words start here). Our batch was divided into two and separately trained on two different technologies. This training was more of a kick to come back to the real world after all that fun of ITP. This was a boring session and we ended it soon to go to the waiting room for few days to follow for our allocation to different projects.

And soon enough almost all of us got allocated to a department. And subsequently and precisely five of us (including me ) got the piece of cake. The most crucial and critical and hyped and what-not project. The aura of the project itself was more terrifying than the project itself. Somehow we started learning our way through. I got lucky enough to get good mentors (SP and NS). They taught me well. And I got my first desk, a proper one. yay! And my neighbors were awesome too. I got an ITP batch-friend at one baju and a then to-be-my-guide on other baju. This went for like a year with all the countless number of incidents where you would die laughing on the floor. The tense project moments. The ifs and buts, and oops. But we kept sailing and then one day they decided to trade-off the project with another one. Our whole project group was fallen apart. Some resigned, some switched to other project/location/wherever.

And yours truly moved ahead for greater good. Into a testing project with the mindset of completing the bond period and do an (:P) MBA. This project and one after this one isn't much worthy of writing here, except for the wonderful people who I met. And finally I moved to NOIDA.

Life changed. Lifestyle's changed. I was me again. A new start. No one knows me here. And I have a very good way to go about such situations where I am about to enter a new social circle. The advantage is I can project myself as I want to in a better way. Overcoming previous flaws. I just love it. Got few people to talk to inside office, but after that I was bored. I took up blogging and then bored. Facebook and then bored. Everything and then bored again. The project was also sucking big time.

In the midst of all these, Corbett's trip came like fresh air. I had my time. Hardly knew couple of guys before going to the trip and end up knowing everybody. Feels good. And finally soon after the trip I decided to resign. I did. And then I realized I have made few good friends here. And so far so good. I keep bettering every moment. I am more relieved now.

The project people were good so much so that they even gave me a farewell. And a TT bat-ball as a parting gift. I was overwhelmed. the emotions got good of me. I almost choked while saying a few words as asked. :P And few close friends become closer. I realized soon enough that I am losing my identity. I am becoming like them. But, I am gaining worth. I know now, its people who can make you feel special or ordinary. You can never. I took off from office and in no time I was home through the same route which took me almost 80 minutes on any normal day.

This was end of my first company's story. Now I look back and smile. I did just. No regrets.

1 comment:

Abhi said...

Single reading sometimes doesn't make you satisfied. There of course few moments which i share with you which definitely make it special, glad to have shared it with you.

Quite similar feelings as I too moved on to start afresh. Well I have regrets to have moved along, my resistance to change has always been constant though :P

Cheers to our awesome days at Pune. Miss everything!

Abhi