Friday, September 10, 2010

Virtually whirled!!


Why do I need this? Time and again this question hits me like waves.

Well, talking of virtual world which exists inside your computer our concern will be around the SNS ( sabse nikamme sites ). I never thought of being an inseparable part of the world we are living in today when I was in my primary school. My world revolves around Facebook and likes all day. I think I have also used them in my dreams. Anyways,the point I want to make here is how these things are affecting our lives and how much these are required.

Lets see the positive side, as. We can always do whatever we want to. I mean there something for everyone in there. Whatever with your interests lies in. You wanna play games or quizzes or chatting or simply browsing. Now they even give you the chance to share your life through sharing videos/photos/what-not. People befriends here more easily. They do not have to be worrying about the security coz information is given in a controlled manner ( if we exclude some exceptions). Here comes the Privacy Paradox. Some people find it easy to share thoughts to a complete stranger over internet than to someone staying/living with them for years. Strange world.

So this world of today has taken our young generation in a jiff. We haven't yet realized how everything has changed around us.

I was required to change my co-ordinates, earlier, to see my friends or to entertain myself. But now I can do it all just by lying in my bed. The world is simulated in my laptop. The Sites develops addiction in several ways. I was once addicted to an online-static-game Mafia Wars in Facebook. I still remember the nights when I accidentally woke up in the middle and I look for Jobs in the game to complete. Thank someone, I am over it now. Then they have this - 'What's on your mind?'(WOYM) in FB. I have seen people using it extensively without even realizing what are they sharing. Even Twitter, for that matter, is way ahead in its popularity. Recently I was a prank Video in which the prank victim accidently dies is shared by almost everyone not realizing that it might be disturbing to few people. And hats off to people who are liking it. I mean, for what? I just don't understand such acts of lunatic-ism. All I wanted to say is - F-a-a-c-k. But, yeah. So, This WOYM is actually giving people to think about something, I guess. I have seen lot of college-time-dumb-heads quoting exceptionally well written lines by themselves or by plagiarism off lately. But bottom line is I get to know something.

I get like 100 requests/month for Farm ville/Mafia/and likes. Even several quiz pages are lined up everytime I log-in. There are several new updates on who went where or going somewhere or in transit. And several more updates of whose-when-what comments are on these updates. Then there are lot of innovations in these fields. I wonder what the innovative minds of today are doing here. They can give severals established industries a run for their money if applied duly.

Why don't we simply give this thing up and go for a walk or pursue a sport or take up an art-form. Well, I cannot imagine now where this thing is leading us all, but I am sure it won't be a nice place to be.

Well, You might as well thinking what am I doing? I am doing the same thing as you do. Only that I have realized it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I Swear!!!good thing u left ur Mafia!!btw who is that "someone"?;)